Things To Do in Orlando
Orlando has a lot to offer which often leaves people confused and unsure of what places to see and what parks to choose. There is a large variety of attractions and parks to choose from. To help our guests and visitors, we created a list of places we are recommending to visit during your stay. These are the places we believe are worth seeing while visiting.
Vacation Travel Destinations
See your options of places to see during your stay. These are the most visited places in Orlando.
Walt Disney World is located about 20 minutes from the Villa.
Not sure where to go? We are strongly recommending everyone to visit these places all conveniently located within minutes from each other and about 20 to 30 minutes from Villa you are staying at.
DISNEY SPRINGS – (Both “Disney Springs” and “Icon Park” are places you do not want to miss while being here).
Shopping and dining experience with lots of activities you can do with your kids. Nice place to spend an evening with your family.
1486 East Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 – 25 minutes.
No admission fee.
Large variety of bars and restaurants with great food. Several indoor and outdoor activities such as Aquarium or Mini Golf.
8375 International Drive Orlando FL 32819 – 25 minutes.
Free parking in multiple floor parking garage right next to Icon Park.
No admission fee.
Indoor karting & games. Great place to visit to have lots of fun with your friends and family.
9299 Universal Blvd. Orlando FL 32819 – 35 minutes.
$25 per person.
Great place for parties and events. You do not even have be a golfer and you will still love this place.
9295 Universal Blvd. Orlando FL 32819 – 35 minutes.
$30/hr per bay (10:00 AM – noon),
$40/hr per bay (noon – 5:00 pm),
$50/hr (5:00 pm – 11:00 pm).
Dining out - Shopping malls - Restaurants
Restaurants near Villa – Close to where our guests are staying
- Osteria Italian Kitchen – 10 minutes
- Olive Garden – 08 minutes
- Trevi’s Restaurant – 10
- Miller’s Ale House – 10 minutes
- 4 Corners Tavern – 10 minutes
- Longhorn Steak House – 08 minutes
- Red Robin – 10 minutes
- Chill’s Grill and Bar – 10 minutes
- First Watch – 10 minutes
- Cracker and Barrel – 16 minutes
- Blue Cost Asian Cousins – 09 minutes
- Panera bread – 11 minutes
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe – 05 minutes
- Sakeba Sushi and Grill – 18 minutes
Dining / Shopping / Entertainment Experience
- Kings Dinning & Entertainment – 27 minutes
- Disney Springs – 22 minutes
- Rainforest Cafe – 24 minutes
- Pirates Dinner Adventure – 00 minutes
- Medieval Times – 00
- The Florida Mall – 22 minutes
- Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets – 24 minutes
- Orlando International Premium Outlets – 20 minutes
- The Mall at Millenia – 22 minutes
Take your vacation to the next level by rental that will boost your experience.
Explore some of the nicest beaches in Florida
Friendly reminder: NO ALCOHOL is allowed on the beaches!!!
- Clearwater Beach – One of the finest white sand beaches in the US. Located on the Golf Coast, and home of Pier 60. This beach is just a short drive to Tampa.
- Key West – Southermost city in the continental US. An enjoyable ride on a nearly 7 mile-long bridge and a beautiful scenery with multiple stops. Key West is known destination for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Naples – Perfect for a fishermen with great catches along the pier.
- Sanibel Island – best known as a best beach for shell collectors because of the abundant amount of shells that wash up onto the shore.
- Siesta Key – White sand and voted one of the best beaches in Florida. This is a great place for family picnics and various activities.
- St. Pete’s – Soft white sand and entertainment at the local bars. Great for couples and singles. St. Pete beach’s shores include the longest underdeveloped stretch of public beach in the country at Pass-a-Grille beach. Clearwater beach is where you can meet Winter, the world’s most famous dolphin at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Enjoy the nightly “Sunset at Pierre 60” Festival where sunset, music, magic and fun create lasting memory. The beach boasts sugar white sand that you will only experience here. Situated on Florida Golf’s coast, both of these beaches are approximately 1.4 hours west on I-4.
- Daytona Beach – Daytona Beach has 23 miles of soft, sandy shoreline on the Atlantic Ocean. Daytona is one of the few beaches in Florida where you can drive onto the beach and enjoy your day. It is approximately 1 hour by traveling East on I-4 which will take you right to the beach access.
- New Smyrna Beach – The star attraction in New Smyrna Beach is its 13 miles stretch of white sandy beaches. Sunbathing, swimming, bicycling, strolling or doing nothing at all is the choice of most visitors. The beach is also well known to surfers, offering some of the finest wave action on the Eastern Seaboard, treasure hunters in search of rare coins and jewelry and anglers who say surf fishing is the only way to go.
Sea Turtle nesting is May 1st through October 31st. Sea turtles generally emerge from the surf at night to lay their eggs in the dry sand. After covering their nest, they return to the sea. Two months later, approximately 100 hatchlings emerge and crawl to the ocean. Nests are marked clearly and should NOT be disturbed. Lightning from beach front property is restricted during sea turtle nesting season. This beach is situated south of Daytona and is less commercialized than other beaches. You are able to take you car into the beach.
- Cocoa Beach – Located on Florida’s space coast, Cocoa beach offers a sunny shoreline with activities such as parasailing, casino cruises and the Brevard Zoo. It’s the closest beach to Orlando, so you can enjoy Orlando’s attractions and also get to relax on the coast of Florida. Only about 1 hour from Resort Villa – take Highway 192 East to Coca Beach exit, Nova Road to SR 525 turn right then follow signs to the beaches.
See the list of some other attractions that may interest you and your family.
- Island H2O Live Water Park – 20 minutes
- City Sightseeing Orlando – 34 minutes
- Kennedy Space Center – 70 minutes
- Giraffe Ranch – Florida Wildlife Park and Giraffe Farm – 65 minutes
- Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park – 09 minutes
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Kissimmee – 20 minutes
- Gatorland – Including Gator Zip Line – 26 minutes
- Wonder Works – 30 minutes
- iFLY Orlando Indoor Skydiving – 26 minutes
- Wild Florida Airboats, Gator Park & Drive-Through Safari – 57 minutes
- Bush Gardens Tampa Bay – 58 minutes (Tampa)
- Snow Cat Ridge – Snow Park – 75 minutes *** Seasonal; will re-open in November 2022 ***
- Gator Golf – mini golf – 32 minutes
- Titanic The Artifact Exhibition– 32 minutes
- Epperson Lagoon – 70 minutes
- VIP Experience – in Orlando
Orlando has a lot to offer which is not surprising since it remains to be one of the most frequently visited places on earth with over 75 million visitors annually.
Are you a golf enthusiast? You’re in luck, there are dozens of golf courses nearby, literally minutes from our Villa. Our Resort Villa is in close proximity to the best Golf courses in the area. Feeling up for hitting balls while having fun with friends? Visit TOPGOLF which is only 35 minutes ride from the property or make a your reservation directly at 407-218-7714.
- Clearbook RV Resort – 45 minutes – 352-394-6165
- Crystalbrook Gold Club – 36 minutes – 407-847-8721
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course – 00 minutes – 407-939-4653
- Falcon’s Fire Golf Club – 31 minutes – 407-239-5445
- White Heron Golf Club – 20 minutes – 863-547-8800
- Green Valley Country Club – 42 minutes – 352-394-2133
- Hunter’s Creek Gold Course – 27 minutes – 407-240-4653
- Champions Gate Gold Course – 11 minutes – 407-787-4653
- Deer Creek RV Golf – 12 minutes – 863-424-3153
- Kissimmee Bay Country Club – 35 minutes – 407-348-4653
- Kissimmee Golf Club – 22 minutes – 407-847-2816
- Kissimmee Oaks Gold Club – 22 minutes – 407-483-3700
- Providence Gold Club – 13 minutes – 863-424-7916
- Legends at Orange Lake – 20 minutes – 407-239-1050
- Orange County National Golf Club – 25 minutes – 407-656-2626
- Remington Golf Club – 35 minutes – 407-344-4004
- Stonegate Golf Club – 20 minutes – 863-427-7150
- Southern Dunes Golf and County Club – 22 minutes – 863-421-4653
- Timacuan Golf & County Club – 55 minutes – 407-321-0010
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course – 23 minutes – 407-939-5277
Unique things to do in Florida
There are other unique things that can be done in Orlando or in Florida in general. Below are some of the things some may find interesting.
- Bok Tower Gardens – 47 minutes – 863-676-1408
Lake Wales, FL – A tower with one of the world’s finest carrillos set stop Iron Mountain, one of the Florida highest points.
- Spook Hills – 42 minutes – Phone number unavailable
Lake Wales, FL – Haunted hill that supposedly defies gravity.
- Neptune Memorial Reef – 3 hours 20 minutes – 954-546-7609
- St. Augustine – 2 hours 10 minutes – Phone number unavailable.
St. Augustine, FL – The oldest city in the nation, home of airplane graveyard, the fountain of youth, hunted houses and beautiful architecture.
- Gasparilla Pirate Festival – 1 hour – Phone number unavailable.
Tampa, FL – Like Mardi Gras, but everyone is a pirate. (One weekend a year, usually in Jan/Feb).
- Southernmost Point of the USA – 6 hours 40 minutes
Key West, FL – well….. the name is self explanatory.
- Salvador Dali Museum – 1 hour 20 minutes – 727-823-3767
Saint Petersburg, FL – Devoted to the famed Spanish artist.
- Ponce De Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum – 1 hour 40 minutes – 386-761-1821
Ponce Inlet, FL – The third largest lighthouse in America.
- Butterfly World – 3 hours – 954-977-4400.
Coconut Creek, FL – Largest butterfly house in the world.
- Fantasy of flight – 20 minutes – 863-984-3500.
Polk City, FL – The world’s largest private aircraft collection.
- Mickey Pylon – 15 minutes – Clearly visible from I-4 driving towards Orlando. Do NOT drive to that location.
Celebration, FL – Electrical pylon in the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head.
- Solomon’s Castle – 1 hour 40 minutes – 863-494-6077.
One, FL – A castle made from aluminum, once lived in by artist Howard Solomon but now a roadside attraction.
- Monkey Jungle – 4 hours – 305-235-1611.
Miami, FL – People are caged in but the monkeys are free.
Further Florida Travel Destinations
TAMPA – 56 minutes
- The Florida Aquarium – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Bush Gardens, Tampa – 1 hour 25 minutes
- Adventure Island – 1 hour 25 minutes
- Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park – 1 hour 25 minutes
ST. PETERSBURG – 1 hour 15 minutes
- The Dali – Salvador Dali Museum
- Sanken Gardens – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Fort Desoto Park – 1 hours 35 minutes
DAYTONA BEACH – 1 hour 25 minutes
- Daytona International Speedway – 1 hour 20 minutes – 800-748-7467
- Daytona Lagoon – 1 hours 30 minutes
- Daytona Boardwalk Amusements – 1 hour 30 minutes
CLEARWATER BEACH – 1 hour 26 minutes
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium – 1 hour 34 minutes
- Pier 60 – 1 hour 40 minutes
- Sand Key Park – 1 hour 45 minutes
JACKSONVILLE – 2 hours 27 minutes
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens – 2 hours and 36 minutes
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens – 2 hours 31 minutes
- MOSH – 2 hours 30 minutes
WEST PALM BEACH – 2 hours 34 minutes
FORT LAUDERDALE – 3 hours 07 minutes
MIAMI – 3 hours 26 minutes
KEY WEST – 6 hours 26 minutes
Great place for family vacations, weekend get-away, or simply for anyone that wants to transform his experience feeling like in true paradise.
(C) 2022 RENTwithLEO.com